Imagine the luxury of walking into an insurance agent’s office and being able to select the best policy out of a variety of valuable options with great coverage and limits.
This is what you get when you choose an independent agent over purchasing your insurance policies direct from the agency or working with a captive agent. Independent agents offer numerous benefits that other avenues of insurance buying do not.
Below, we will outline the benefits of working with an independent insurance agent over the competition. But first, let’s look at your complete list of options when buying insurance.
Option #1: Buying From an Independent Agent
Buying from an independent agent means going to a local insurance agency and working one-on-one with one of their agents. This individual will be working from multiple insurance companies so that they can provide you with numerous quotes on the insurance you’re looking for. They will offer advice and have your best interests at heart.
Option #2: Buying From a Captive Agent
When you buy from a captive agent, you’re buying from an insurance agent who only works with one insurance company. This means you’ll be getting a more limited number of quotes as you shop for insurance.
Option #3: Buying Direct
“Buying direct” generally entails going online or giving an insurance company a call directly. Instead of going through an agent, you are taking your insurance shopping into your own hands. For many people, this appears to provide to lower rates; however, you have to take every several other things into account.
Most notably, by buying direct, you’re not getting the personalized service that you’d be getting from an agent. Furthermore, your coverage may not be quite what you think it is as plans can often be difficult to understand for the layperson. When it comes to making a claim, you may be denied because you didn’t sign up for the right plan, to begin with.
The Benefits of Buying from an Independent Agent
Here are just some of the core benefits of choosing an independent agent when buying your insurance:
- They’re local. Instead of dealing with someone over the phone or the Internet who’s 500 miles away, an independent agent offers you a local advocate who will be able to meet with you face-to-face and one-on-one, giving you their full attention and assistance.
- They’re personal. A local independent agent knows you and knows your insurance needs. Even if you end up switching plans or insurance companies because of rising rates or diminished coverage, you’ll be able to stick with your agent; then they’ll be able to find you a better plan and better rates.
- You’ll always get the best deals. Independent agents offer you value where other agents and buying direct cannot. To be sure, an independent agent earns a commission, but with the excellent value you’ll be receiving, this won’t make your overall cost of insurance necessarily more than if you bought direct from the company. At the same time, you’ll be benefiting from a smoother process and more ample limits and coverage.
- You can rest assured that your agent is truly independent. Unlike captive agents, independent agents have the freedom to give you unfiltered advice and be your advocate at all times.
- They’re a one-stop-shop. You can purchase all of your insurance from an independent agent.
Independent insurance agents can surely help you find the best rates and ideal policies with adequate coverage. To find out more about what they can offer, give Brian Van De Hey Insurance a call today or stop in to meet one-on-one with an experienced and knowledgeable independent agent.